Today, power inverters are a must-have in every house. Increased load shedding and power outages, particularly during summers, can hamper your work schedule and personal comfort. One easy way to alleviate power cut problems is to have an efficient power back-up system at home. If you’re used to air conditioners, it might be tough to do without an AC during the summers. And sitting in a no-fan room? That is virtually intolerable. Inverters come as a blessing if your local area suffers frequent power losses, or if you want a battery backup coverage for emergency uses. You should understand that if you’re going to update your inverter, choose one that meets your house’s load specifications to use the power backup offered by an inverter effectively.
Here is the review comparison on Luminous I Cruze and Microtek Jumbo to make it easy for you to choose the best backup power inverter:
Luminous I Cruze
Luminous I Cruze Series is the best pick if you require an inverter with high load capacity. This series comes in a range of 2 kVA to 12.5 kVA —that runs everything since it is large enough for running Air Conditioners (you just need to size it right). Since it is a sine wave inverter, it also protects electronic devices connected as a load. So, if you want to run your entire house or a big setup on inverter or battery system, then the Luminous inverter series is a great buy.
Image Courtesy: Luminous
- Runs more load with fewer batteries, thus saving the upfront cost of additional batteries. Taking an example to run a load of 8KVA, eight batteries are required in iCruze whereas in competition products to run a similar load ten batteries are required. This iCruze saves the upfront cost of 2 batteries.
- Compact, saves space
- Metal cabinet body protects the internal components and adds to sturdiness and longevity of the device
- Ergonomically designed airflow vents to prevent overheating during hot summer days.
- An LCD display with user-settable parameters like the battery type and capacity, no-load shutdown prevention, and multiple fault detection indications like Short circuit, Overload, and battery deep discharge.
- Turns into a smart inverter by connecting with an external Luminous connect dongle. The Luminous connect App is available on Android and Apple store and can be downloaded on the smartphone.
- The application Dashboard shows the following statistics:
- In the Inverter Mode: when the inverter is ON, the following can be viewed
- %age of load running on the inverter
- %age of battery available
3) Available backup time at current load
- In Mains Mode: When Power supply is available at home, the following information can be viewed
- %age of battery charged
- Time remaining to full charge the battery
- Input voltage
Users can also view power cut trends at your home or office for the last 1 year.
- Saves Upfront cost of additional batteries
- Turns into a smart inverter with Luminous Connect Dongle
- Excellent heat dissipation
- LCD dashboard is designed keeping the ease of use for the customer
Microtek UPS JM SW is a Jumbo Sinewave High Capacity Series that comes with Intelli Pure Sinewave Technology which guarantees safe, and efficient performance.
Image Courtesy- Microtek
- LCD Display indicates system status and faults
- Micro-controller built Intelligent Control Design
- CCCV Technology with Auto Trickle Mode
- Smart Overload Sense
- Short Circuit Protection
- Multistage Charging of the battery
Why Luminous iCruze is the perfect choice for you?
To find the answer, let us compare a similar spec model of iCruze with Microtek Jumbo series
|iCruze 4500 USP’s||High selling competitor brand36 V system||Why is it necessary?|
|1||Runs 4000 VA load with 3 batteries||Runs max 3200 VA load with 3 batteries||1. iCruze runs 800 VA load extra|
2. More load means more devices can be connected as a load on the inverter
3. The comparative brand runs 3800 VA load with 4 batteries which increases the initial system cost of customer by ~ Rs 8000
|2||Connectable Ready||No available option||1. Customer can convert his iCruze into a smart inverter by buying external dongle of Rs ~2000|
2. Customer can monitor inverter battery health characteristics on the APP downloaded on a smartphone
|3||Advanced 7 segment LCD screen with user-selectable controls||Ordinary LCD screen||1. Advanced 7 segment LCD screen which gives 9 indications: battery discharge indicator, time remaining in charging and discharging, Fault indicators, IOT connected indicator along with user-settable parameters like|
a) Users can select Battery type (Flat, Tubular, and SMF) and capacity. Accordingly, optimized battery charging current can be supplied from the inverter
b) No Load Shutdown option: Enable users to select the No-Load shutdown option. Necessary for showrooms during night time when only CCTV and LED light load is running
|4||Compact and efficient Airflow design||Bulky and may lead to overheating||1. The metallic design adds to premiumness, provides strength and longevity to the device|
2. Airflow vents on the front panel keep the inverter temperature cool even in hot summers. Protects the device from overheat
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Does an inverter use power if nothing is plugged in?
Yes, all power inverters for home or commercial use power even when you don’t have anything plugged into them.
- Should you leave an inverter on all the time?
Yes, there is a continuous internal chemical reaction that happens inside of the lead-acid battery, resulting in a gradual loss of internal energy.
Our inverters have an intelligent charging program (we call if float charging) by which it keeps on topping-up the battery, for the necessary quantity (of lost charge) with minimum energy drawn from the grid. This charging algorithm is so intelligently programmed that neither it overcharges the battery neither it increases the electric bill, by overdrawing excessive grid power. So customers need not switch ON-OFF the inverter manually.
- What happens when you overload an Inverter?
Once you overload the inverter i.e. run a load higher than the rated capacity of the inverter operation is stopped, and an Overload LED starts to glow on display. The customer needs to reduce the load connected on the device and then again switch On the inverter to run efficiently.