Earphone vs Headphone
Have you ever heard about the 2 key terms of “Headphone and Earphone”? Do you think these two key terms have the same meaning? Actually, it is 100% different meaning. Even though headphone and earphone is the same accessory for listening but it has a different design and different functions too. Most users are confused about these 2 words. Since some people use this 2 word interchangeably however its meaning is different. You buy headphones for wearing them on your head while you need to plug earphones to your ear as for wearing. Anyway, you don’t need to confuse these 2 words anymore. This article will tell you how it is different. Therefore, you will be no longer getting confused anymore after reading through this.
What are headphones?
The headphone is a type of tech accessory that provides users with the best listening experience. Its design comes with a pair of loudspeakers joint with a headband for wearing over the head. The loudspeaker combines with a soft material to cover your ear with the sound coming from the loudspeakers. There are two main types of headphones. A wired headphone will send all the sound is received from the connected device and transmit to your ear through the cable. The wireless headphone works by connecting the devices through the Bluetooth or wireless radio frequency signal.
What is the feature?
You may wonder what are the features that are available from the headphones. There are the top 4 features of the headphones that you should know before deciding to buy one.
- Frequency response is a type of headphone feature that allows the user to know how much of the range of sound that the headphone could produce. Its unit is Hertz or Hz. A higher number of the frequency response means the frequency creates a high note which could mean bright. Whereas the lower number of frequency responses shows how the bass of the headphone works which could mean dark. So if you want to use your headphone for listening more from the bass you should choose the headphone that could produce a low-frequency response. However, most of the headphones produce from 20 to 20,000 Hz on average to could respond to human hearing frequency.
- Noise cancellation: This feature is more popular than the others. And most users always find the headphone that offers this feature. It helps the user to get rid of the noise around you that could interrupt your speaking quality with the mic of the headphone.
- Comfort: Headphones can give you a secure and comfortable listening experience. Because it allows users to wear it over their head with its band. With the band, it helps cover both of your ears, and especially users can listen to the sound more privately by having both of the ears covered with the headphone.
- Noise Isolation: It refers to the quality of the headphone which it can block the sound from outside while you are listening.
What is Earphone?
The earphone is a type of tech accessory providing listening support to users. It forms with a small loudspeaker that users need to wear next to their ears or outside of the ears. The uniqueness of the earphone is that users can either wear both or only one side of the earphone to their ears. Because sometimes when we wear earphones, we not only want to listen to something privately but also the sound around us as well. Because in case someone calls you or some emergency things happen so that we can react on time.
What is the feature?
Earphones also offer the same features as headphones as well. Most of the features that headphones can provide, earphones also can provide those same features too. Then here are the top 4 features of the earphones.
- Frequency response: earphones can produce a frequency response less than most headphones. However, that doesn’t mean you won’t receive a good signal and good audio quality.
- Noise cancellation: Earphones could not provide the best active noise cancellation like headphones. But that does not apply to an extent. However, most people have been saying that most of the earphone’s ANC could work well depending on the user’s surrounding environment.
- Comfort: Talking about comfort, it depends on the user’s preference and type of use. Because different people use the earphone or headphone with a different purpose. Whereas earphones allow users to move easily with the device because of their size and weight.
- Noise isolation: This feature works best with earphones. Since it can block the outside sound from getting in your ears. In short, this feature is best with earphones for using a longer period per use.
Give some reasons why some people prefer headphones and why some prefer earphones.
People prefer headphones to earphones because of the ability to focus and privacy of the sound that users are hearing. And moreover, headphones have two types of choices. Of course, the wireless headphone is more expensive than wired headphone because of its comfort and convenience of using with having wire stuck around users. However, the wired headphone still works best if the user uses it near their devices. Especially those who are gamers, teachers or those who are mostly near their desktop or laptop tend to choose headphones over earphones. And If users want a little bit more premium version of the headphone, then getting a wireless one should be your priority choice. You just need to spend more than the wired headphones budget. But the experience of the wireless headphone will surely be worth your money spending on it. However there are a bunch of people who prefer earphones to headphones. Its minimal and comfortable design of earphones always attracts more people for buying it. Its look is simple but the comfort you will be receiving is so convenient. In nutshell, in order to choose whether the headphone is better than earphone or not is depending on your purpose of use and preferences.